Gearbox Software and 2K today announced that Borderlands 3, the next installment in the critically acclaimed shooter-looter series, will launch worldwide on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC on the Epic Games store 13 September, 2019. Along with this exciting announcement comes a brand new trailer. Check it out here:
According to Randy Pitchford, Gearbox Software President and CEO:
For the past several years, the team at Gearbox Software has been devoting every ounce of our passion, creativity and love into making Borderlands 3 the biggest, baddest and most ambitious Borderlands adventure we’ve ever made. Borderlands 3 is being crafted not only as a love letter to fans of the series, but also as an ideal entry point for new players to jump-in alone or cooperatively, on or off-line, in the latest and greatest installment of the definitive best-in-class benchmark shooter-looter.
2K President, David Ismailer, also weighed in:
Borderlands is one of the most recognized and celebrated franchises in gaming. We’re proud of the work and dedication of our partners at Gearbox, who are making a game that will not only reignite the millions of existing Borderlands fans but welcome a new generation of players into this beloved universe.
The franchise has sold-in more than 41 million units worldwide to date. The most popular title in the series – Borderlands 2 – still draws in more than one million unique monthly users more than six years after the game’s initial release in 2012. Borderlands 3 aims to add to these figures by giving you new worlds and enemies to blast through with four new Vault Hunters, each with deep skill trees, abilities, and customization. In traditional Borderlands style you can take on the Calypso Twins solo or with friends, and there are a “bazillion” guns and loads of loot.
More details on the story, characters, gear, and everything else will be revealed on 1 May during an extended gameplay reveal live event. What we do know is that the game will be available for PC exclusively through the Epic Games store. Additional PC storefronts will follow suit in April 2020. Gearbox has been working extensively with AMD to take full advantage of AMD Radeon graphics cards and Ryzen CPUs.
The following editions will be available:
Borderlands 3 Standard Edition
The Borderlands 3 Standard Edition includes the base game, and the pre-order bonus of Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket.
Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition
The Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition includes the base game, as well as bonus digital content:
- Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin;
- Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon trinket;
- Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket;
- Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy grenade mod, weapon trinket;
- XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods;
- Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket.
Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition
The Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition includes all the bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Deluxe Edition along with the Borderlands 3 Season Pass, which includes:
- Four (4) campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges;
- Butt Stallion weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod.
Borderlands 3 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition
Celebrate the return of the original shooter-looter with the Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition, a “swag-splosion” of collectibles “digistructed” straight from the worlds of Borderlands 3.
This edition includes the full game, season pass, and all bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Super Deluxe Edition, plus:
- Diamond Loot Chest Replica: Featuring a functional retractable lid, this chest is perfect for storing your real-world loot;
- Borderlands 3 character figurines (x10): Make room on your shelf for the whole crew, including the four new Vault Hunters, the fanatical Calypso Twins, and some of your favorite characters from the Borderlands universe! (Approximately 3” tall.);
- Sanctuary 3 snap model: Construct your very own Sanctuary 3 model ship and display it proudly on its included stand;
- Vault Key keychains (x4): Because you never know when you might stumble across an unopened Vault;
- Cloth galaxy map: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora with Typhon DeLeon’s map of the Borderlands;
- Character art lithographs (x5): Unique character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins;
- Borderlands 3 Steelbook case: A gorgeous metal case for any collector’s shelf.
The year of Borderlands has officially begun.